The winter season is one of the most beautiful time of the year. The cool winds outside make all of us hungry for warmth and coziness from the interiors of the house. Be it sipping on endless cups of hot coffee or indulging in series of indoor games, winters are a great ti me to reconnect with the the friends and family, however the harshness of the season creates a big hindrance in the normal functioning of the daily life, and we are left sulking and worrying indoors.
In this article today, we have listed down for you some tips and hacks to keep your house cozy, comfortable and inviting for your friends and family. Please note that the tips mentioned below are not only handy and easy, but also highly effective.
Read on to know more-
- The onset of winter calls for a change in the style of home decor. Replace your cool toned spring/summer decor with warm toned cushion covers, rugs and drapes. You can also add artificial decorative lights to your house. This will not only lift up your mood but also help you beat the gray sky and dull weather outside.
- While we talk about the decor, we cannot not talk about the fabrics that are used. As the cold season sets, it is ideal to replace the frilly spring/summer drapes and rugs with heavy cotton, woolen or linen ones. Such fabric soak up heat and keep the room hot. Also, they prevent the free flow of cold air from outside.
- Winter days calls for sealing any sort of cracks and breaks that might serve as passage for cold air in your house. Thus, before the cold weather sets inspect your home for any breaks, cracks or leaks and seal them right away.
- Work on water leakage as well. Water leaks during the winter days are not only a breeding ground for moss and mold, but also decrease the room temperature considerably. Hence check for leaks from rooftops, bathroom, basement and kitchen sinks that might have a possibility of dripping water case.
- For people who are living in extremely cold regions can invest in a good quality room heater. If you are planning to construct your house or remodel it, you can consider installing a central heating system as well. A central heating system manages to keep the whole house warm by consuming less amount of electricity.
- Winter sun is one of the best things that the Lord has bestowed upon us. Thus, if and when there is a shining sun during the winter days, open up your windows and drapes and let the house soak in the sunlight. Sunlight is the easiest and cheapest form of natural heater. It also acts as a natural disinfectant and keeps the air inside fresh.
We hope that these tips will help you in keeping your winter home cozy and warm. If not, call some friends over, play some music and have a fun time! Because, this too shall pass.