In the real estate industry, value depreciation of property is a real woe. This happens when the house for rent or sale is not taken care
In this article, we have looked into the ways through which the value of a rental property depreciates.
However, to start off with the topic, let us first understand the causes which depreciate the value of a property-
Propertywhich has been resided by the owner and put in the market after much use.
- Flats which have been used as an income producing agent, either through commercial or non-commercial means.
Propertywhich has a determinable useful life. Like if it is over the age of raw materials used for the construction of the house is 15 years, the house is put on the market after that. Propertywhich is in a position of destruction, due to causes either natural or artificial.
- If the property is on
mortgage, or the cost of the house if not fully recovered.
Rental property depreciation is a process that happens when the value of a property decreases, hence failing to make the desired cut in the sellers market. Under such a circumstance, that real estate agents/investors deduct the costs involved in the purchasing of the property. It is sold only after improvements done to it. Many a times, this is a profit making mechanism of the real estate agents.
The value depreciation of a rental property is a gradual process, and does not happen overnight. However, there are certain Do’s and Don’ts that stop the value depreciation of a property for a long time-
- DO invest in a property which has scope for further development.
- DO give equal importance to each and every room of the house. One ruined room is capable of ruining the look and condition of the entire house.
- DO take a repair/restoration project after every 3-5yards after buying the house. This will not only prevent the house form long term
depreciation,but also keep the house well in demand in the real estate market for a long period.
- DO get everything legally documented, so that there is no loophole in the ownership of the house. Even when you the house on rent, get the rental agreement made and signed by trustworthy authorities.
- DO take care of the entire house from the moment you set your foot into it. Never delay the process and wait for the signs of damage to be shown. Because, once the damage is done, there is no way going back from there.
- DON’T ignore
the markettrends. Doing so will leave you clueless about property values, which might lead to depreciationin it’svalue when put in the market.
However, all such conditions cease to matter when the house is in a good condition. Real estate value depreciation costs homeowners a big deal of money. This is even more visible when the property is exclusively meant for renting out. Under such circumstance, the property has to face a lot of rejections from other listings in the market.